The Vikings extended Eric Kendricks!
PFT broke down the deal, which puts him under contract through 2023.
1. Signing bonus: $10.5 million.
2. 2018 base salary: $1.138 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2019 base salary: $4.15 million, guaranteed for injury only at signing, and fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster the third day of the 2019 league year.
4. 2020 base salary: $7.15 million, guaranteed for injury only at signing, and fully guaranteed if he’s on the roster the third day of the 2020 league year.
5. 2021 base salary: $8.15 million.
6. 2022 base salary: $9.15 million.
7. 2023 base salary: $9.15 million.
8. Annual per-game roster bonuses of $250,000, for 2019 through 2023.
9. Annual workout bonuses of $100,000, for 2019 through 2023.
The total value of the six-year deal is $51.138 million, with $50 million in new money over the five new years of the deal. His salary for 2018 doesn’t change, but he earns $10.5 million from the get-go.
The deal puts Kendricks behind only Luke Kuechly, Alec Ogletree, and Bobby Wagner as the highest-paid inside linebackers in the NFL.